Sunday, August 10, 2008

The 30 Day Experiment

Beginning last Monday, August 4th, I'm trying to put on at least 10 lbs of muscle in the next month. Two years ago, I was up to 180lbs, and since then my weight has been all over the place. Well, I weighed on Monday at 167 lbs. I discovered this great site called www.gyminee.com, that allows me to track all of my exercises, my diet every day, and my weight. You can view my public profile by clicking here.

Sign up for a free account (it's really free, and pretty badass) and add me as your friend. When you put in your current weight, your level of activity, and your goals, it tells you exactly how many calories, grams of proteins, and carbs you should be eating daily to help you reach your goal. As I've learned, diet is EVERYTHING.

I'm currently on a 4 day workout routine, 1 hour per routine.

Here's the routine I'm currently doing:

Monday - Chest and Triceps
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Back and Biceps

I'll detail more of my routine soon, but so far in the past week I'm already up 3 pounds. I took a before picture, and once my month is up I'll post the after picture as well. I'm interested to see if I'll actually be able to see a difference in only 30 days.

-Steve

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for directing me to the Evolution of a Pull Up video. I appreciate it so much. I feel like I now have a doable plan for achieving my first pull up, rather than just hanging there and uselessly trying to pull myself up.

Good job on my pirate references, too. I didn't even think about quoting Goonies, but I should have. It's a classic. The other two you got, but the third one was The Princess Bride.

Rosie

Daily Fitness Tips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daily Fitness Tips said...

hey. If you want to grow big biceps then click here